GWP Large Business Incentives Program
GWP is pleased to offer Business Energy Solutions (BES), a program offering incentives
for medium and large businesses to complete pre-approved energy saving projects.
Generally, medium and large businesses are defined as those having monthly electric
bills of $3,000 or more. Remodeling and new construction projects can qualify as well.
- Qualified customers can receive up to $50,000 in incentives per fiscal year.
- Projects must be cost-effective from the customer's perspective based on the value
of total estimated energy savings over the life of the installed measures.
- Demand and energy savings attributable to projects must be documented by an energy
engineer or through generally accepted industry practice or valuation model.
- Incentive requests must be made on a BES
- GWP will have the final say on incentive approvals.
- Incentives for approved retrofit projects are limited to 20% of eligible project
cost or 100% of the incremental costs necessary to bring a remodeling and/or new
construction project above the minimum Title 24 energy standard.
- In no case will an incentive exceed the value saved energy over the life of the
measures assuming $0.06 per kWh saved.
- Customer completes a BES Application and
attaches the following supporting documents:
a. Energy Study
b. Scope of Work
d. Other documents (if applicable)
- Customer submits the BES Application and
supporting documents to:
- GWP reviews the application and contacts the customer within 7 days of application
receipt to notify of the application’s status.
- If the application is approved, a pre-inspection appointment is scheduled.
- After the pre-inspection an Incentive Reservation letter is issued to the customer,
allowing 90 days from the reservation date to complete the proposed project*.
- Once the project is completed the customer contacts GWP and schedules a post-inspection.
- At the same time the customer submits the following documents to GWP:
a. A finalized Energy Study (if applicable)
b. A finalized scope of work and proposal (if applicable)
c. Copies of PAID invoices and/or copies of payment checks
- After a satisfactory post-inspection and receipt of the above mentioned documents, GWP
processes the incentive payment.
- Customer receives the incentive payment in about 8-12 weeks.
*Extensions will be allowed on a case by case basis. The customer is expected to request an
extension if unable to meet the 90 day deadline.
Please note that GWP staff will be taking photos of the project site during the pre and post
Other limits and restrictions may apply. This program may be modified or terminated without
prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until
program funds are no longer available.
For further details, please contact GWP's Business Account Representative, Aneta Badalian, at
(818) 548-3874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.