Utility Users Tax Exemption (UUTE)
The Utility Users Tax is charged to all users of electricity, water, gas, telephone,
and cable services within the City of Glendale. The City offers two types of exemptions,
senior and disabled exemptions. Please note proof of age and income are required.
A legible photocopy of your birth certificate, valid CA driver's license, CA State ID,
or similar government issued identification is required.
Senior Utility Users Tax Exemption
Exempts households with at least one member aged 62 or older from all City utility taxes
if the gross annual income of the household is less than $13,950.
To be eligible:
- Must be 62 or older and gross household income is less than $13,950.
- Provide copies of gas, phone, and cable bills for each account for which a discount is requested.
- Provide proof of age and proof of income.
Disabled Utility Users Tax Exemption
Exempts households with at least one disabled member aged 55 or older from City taxes on
GWP electric and water service if the gross annual income of the household meets the table below.
To be eligible:
- Disabled household member must be 55 or older and must meet income guidelines below.
- Must provide documentation verifying age and disability of disabled household member
such as an SSI or SSA Social Security Disability document.
- Must provide proof of income.
Income eligibility guidelines for Utility Users Tax exemptions
|Number of Household Members
||Maximum Gross Annual Income
|For Each Additional Household Member Add
|Each year 10% of program participants are randomly selected for recertification.
When selected, participants must reapply. Failure to reapply will result in program removal.
Additional requirements may apply, see Glendale Municipal Code, 1995, Section 4.36.070
For questions call GWP's PBC office at (818) 548-3368.
Download the UUTE application here.
Mail it to:
Glendale Water & Power
141 N. Glendale Ave. Level 2 Glendale, CA 91206